COTTAGE KITCHEN

In a well-furnished kitchen there are not only crystal goblets and silver platters, but waste cans and compost buckets---some containers used to serve fine meals, others to take out the garbage.
Become the kind of container God can use to present any and every kind of gift to his guests for their blessing.
" You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies." Psalm 23:5

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Sunny Day In Wobegon

Spring is very different here in Wobegon. I am from the Pacific Northwest and so when I first came here I was quite surprised with snow in April or Ocotober. I was acustom at Easter to wearing a nice spring dress and sandels. We might have an Easter egg hunt out doors. I so enjoyed the early blooming flowers which could be found easily. Well ..the first year I was here there was a bit of cooperation on the part of mother nature. I believe I would have been scared off otherwise. My daughter Michelle had recently been married and was finishing college out here. Her and husband Nick, came for dinner and we had the usual Easter egg hunt but alas..that was the last time. I believe the following year my son, Michael was in Iraq, while he was fighting sand storms I was shoveling 2 feet of snow( in April). I do miss the springs of Washington state but I am finally getting a bit more comfortable with the springs of Wobegon.

No comments: