COTTAGE KITCHEN

In a well-furnished kitchen there are not only crystal goblets and silver platters, but waste cans and compost buckets---some containers used to serve fine meals, others to take out the garbage.
Become the kind of container God can use to present any and every kind of gift to his guests for their blessing.
" You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies." Psalm 23:5

Monday, October 12, 2009

WINTER AT THE COTTAGE...too soon:(

Well we woke up this morning to a winter wonderland.
it was only about an inch of snow and we could of had 3
so I won't complain. We headed out to go look for a new sofa
and it was snowing then.

It would have been nice if I was christmas shopping


Then sun did come out after lunch and began melting the snow

by dinnertime it was back but very little flakes and only a few.
The temperatures are suppose to warm up by Saturday
and be near 60 degrees. Some say that November
will be warm. I will have to wait and see. This is the earliest snow
we have had sense I moved her 9 years ago.
I am use to the very rainy northwest..Washington State
born and raised there and miss it dearly.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, the pictures sure don't look like October! I do hope it will warm up throughout the week. Did you find any sofas that you like? I just emailed you some info on the tea; after seeing your weather I would think a hot cup would be lovely tonight! Take care.

KathyB. said...

I like the way you reason with yourself, "it could have been three' inches. "could have been Christmas shopping"....just keep talking to yourself like that and you can get through Minnesota's famously snowy fall, winter and spring!

Wobegon Cottage said...

Thank you both for cheering me up.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know I had a comment from Lanny, KathyB's neighbor, about her positive experience with corn silk tea. If you get a chance click on yesterday's post and read what Lanny said in the comments. Have a good day.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

We're expecting snow this weekend and have the long johns out of storage and ready to wear!
Keep warm, make soup and bread and enjoy.