COTTAGE KITCHEN

In a well-furnished kitchen there are not only crystal goblets and silver platters, but waste cans and compost buckets---some containers used to serve fine meals, others to take out the garbage.
Become the kind of container God can use to present any and every kind of gift to his guests for their blessing.
" You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies." Psalm 23:5

Thursday, February 25, 2010

AROUND THE COTTAGE...

We have been busy around here trying to decide on more furniture. It takes so much time to go looking and then agree on something but we have...the loveseat came and the coffee table and end table have been ordered...then comes the chair and ottoman and soon a sofa table and small end table to go near the chair for all of hubby's STUFF. Babysitting has been going well and I have 3 days off. I will really enjoy the time to relax( if I get any) and catch up with things. Tonight I tried a salmon with an orange-mustard sauce. I roasted the asparagus with olive oil in the oven and had rice pilaf. I also had a very green salad-- lettuce, cucumbers and avocado. Very good and I felt good. Ellie and I have been walking but not much in the way of results. My daughter-in-law reminded me about how many krumkake I ate and then I realized maybe they were the culprits. Maybe this dinner will help with the healthy eating anyway.
Eleanor recieved a new toy at Grandmas house

She is growing but still on the petite side

she really likes standing up and not always on the floor

You can't tell from here but when I am feeding her sometimes she reminds me of my niece
Autumn when she was little. It is in her eyes and nose, when you have the bottle in her mouth that is all you can see and with that dark hair. Autumn was petite and still is. I never had a petite girl , they were premies but grew to be bigger than their mother.


This was a new outfit and Grandma dressed in the same colors that day but forgot to get a picture of both of us. (pink and black)

She is chewing on everything now
We are becoming close friends and she is starting to laugh
She isn't as fond of Grandpa just yet but he is a big burly looking guy
maybe it is the beard or glasses or he is kinda loud but the other day
they were bonding and it was adorable. I will have to post that picture when I get it uploaded.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your new furniture. Your dinner sounds very good and healthy. I love seeing how Ellie is changing. That's cute that she reminds you of Autumn. I love that pink/black outfit on her. Hope you enjoy some free time and have a wonderful weekend.

KathyB. said...

Dinner looks so yummy and little Ellie is growing so quickly! Petite and pretty too.

Mary Bergfeld said...

Your dinner looks wonderful but Ellie stole the show. I hope you're having a fabulous day. Blessings...Mary

Thistle Cove Farm said...

AAAdorable baby and more furniture is more furniture! I'm a nut for furniture.

LindaSue said...

We need to have Kathy post a picture of Autumn Joy at this same age and we can all see the resemblance. Your meals always look so YUMMMY - glad you are enjoying babysitting and finding furniture you'll enjoy. Thanks for visiting my blog - I'm getting fond of these Lefse girls!