COTTAGE KITCHEN

In a well-furnished kitchen there are not only crystal goblets and silver platters, but waste cans and compost buckets---some containers used to serve fine meals, others to take out the garbage.
Become the kind of container God can use to present any and every kind of gift to his guests for their blessing.
" You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies." Psalm 23:5

Sunday, April 24, 2011

DINNER WITH FAMILY

My husbands sister took us out for dinner on Friday. She will be leaving for a month to visit family and we will be watching the plants and taking care of her house. The place is called MONGO'S GRILL ---You start by going through several buffet type lines where you fill a bowl with vegetables than meat(all different types) and then all types of noodles. Now you move on to the sauces, oils and seasonings. After filling your bowl as full as you can you take it to the cooks


Here is where the fun begins as they toss your food around on this big grill. There are a few sides you can also choose from...I chose fried rice on the side



We are waiting for our food to be cooked. I was taking the picture


It ended up being a lot a food for such a little bowl that you start with. I could not finish it all but they will give you a box to take it home in. Like they have at the asian restaurants.


I chose shrimp and scallops with celery, onions, peppers, bean sprouts , mushrooms and those funny green beans I cannot spell the name of. I also did sweet and sour sauce which I thought might be over whelming but it wasn't and then you add a scoop of oil..I chose garlic and seseme oil. It really was very good we will definetly try this place again when we are in the mood for stir-fry



We had a very good time with family.

No comments: