COTTAGE KITCHEN

In a well-furnished kitchen there are not only crystal goblets and silver platters, but waste cans and compost buckets---some containers used to serve fine meals, others to take out the garbage.
Become the kind of container God can use to present any and every kind of gift to his guests for their blessing.
" You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies." Psalm 23:5

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

AROUND THE COTTAGE......


The grandchildren are
visiting from Washington
State. The children belong
to my oldest daughter
Michelle.
Alyssa will be 5 in
October . She is the first
Granddaughter and grandchild
Madelyn is her sister and
she is the second.
She will be two next week.
We are having a birthday
party for her on Sunday.




Grandma is Having fun
with her girls Iwish
I could bottle their
energy. I could sure
use a little extra.




The baby is Carter ,
6 months Brother to the girls,
fourth in line of grandchildren
Hunter is third and 11 months
He is son to my baby daughter
Mary Rose, they live here
in Minnesota

We walked to town today
and visited the coffee shop
The girls had ice cream,
cotton candy, the boys are
to little so they had baby snacks.
My son Michael, Oldest of
my children, came also. His
wife is due Sept 19( fifth grandchild)



We ended the day with
a little shopping to the
local grocery store for
paper plates, cups and
deli chicken and jos jos
I realize this is not the usual supper you recieve when visiting WobegonCottage but I was tired.
I find my self happy when they come for a visit but just as happy to see them return home safely
My mother-in-law use to say that and now I know what she meant. I love them dearly but trying to keep up with their energy level is difficult. One of my faults is I like a neat and organized enviroment which is impossible to keep with all the little ones playing and all the meals to prepare ...oh yes...the clean up is constant.
I really am enjoying the visit.

































































































































































































































2 comments:

KathyB. said...

My sentiments exactly! I love my children and grandchildren to spend LOTS of time with us, I also like a clean and tidy home...so usually end up more tired because I clean everything up after everyone goes to bed. My own personal problem. But after 50 some years of being excessively tidy about some things I do not believe I am going to change.

I do , however, thoroughly enjoy the grandkids as I see you do. The great nieces and nephews are cute and seem pretty happy. What more can a grandparent ask for?

And by the way, grandkids love jo-jos and that type of food. And why not indulge them and give yourself a break too? Everyone comes away so much happier....leave the healthy food to Mom and Dad, and the grand kids will always remember the great time and great food they had with YOU!

Wobegon Cottage said...

you are right Kathy, they loved them and it was much easier.
If I had a bigger house where they could mess up the basement and leave the upstairs tidy it would be better.... also more quite.We were at Michaels yesterday and he has a basement it was a little better. I will be sad to see them go but a years rest should be just about right..lol