COTTAGE KITCHEN

In a well-furnished kitchen there are not only crystal goblets and silver platters, but waste cans and compost buckets---some containers used to serve fine meals, others to take out the garbage.
Become the kind of container God can use to present any and every kind of gift to his guests for their blessing.
" You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies." Psalm 23:5

Saturday, January 30, 2010

TESTING RECIPES AT THE COTTAGE

Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate Muffins....
It is a chocolate muffin recipe that I altered a bit and then added milk chocolate chips and vanilla chips. I am waiting for feed back from my taste testers. I was wondering if maybe a chocolate drizzle or ganache would be good on top??? Or would it be over the top???

I bought a mini-bundt pan awhile back and have been wanting to use it. The first time was a failure but this time it turned out pretty good...now what to do with this??? maybe this could use more chocolate topping??? and cream and maybe a cherry.

I am still working on those cappuccino-chocolate chip muffins this time I added white chocolate with the dark chocolate. They were good but still the next morning a bit dry hmmmm....need to figure that one out maybe another egg? or more liquid. I am working on another food blog with my sister-in-law and neice so I feel the recipes I post there should only be of the best quality or at least really, really good. (where you won't notice any defects:):))


HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!
( I will be cleaning, Hunter is coming for a few days next week and he NEEDS constant supervision)


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your home must smell heavenly Alice. You have my mouth watering for something chocolatey now!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

What your chocolate goodies need are my teeth surrounding them!
YUM! They do look wonderful.

KathyB. said...

Alice, how do you and Paul stay so fit? If your big brother were to visit you he would be in chocolate heaven,but you just might have to let him share the kitchen with you!

Carol Murdock said...

Gosh those look good! I'll take a few if you don't mind? Have fun with Hunter! I have a grandson named Hunter too, he's 10. :)

A. Joy said...

Okay, so it ALL looks good. I'm a baked goods kind of girl! Maybe a white glaze on the chocolate bundt cake? CT and I will do up some pumpkin bread tomorrow - the girls will be at 'Grandma's' and I'll be thinking of you chasing Hunter around as he explores every nook and cranny of your house! Litte J has just discovered he can do wooden puzzles all by himself and is very proud!

Carol............. said...

My husband would go for a hot chocolate fudge topping on the muffin!

He's definitely my "sweets eater" LOL

To me it looks delicious just as pictured.

Unknown said...

what it needs is some chocolate syrup drizzeld on the plate. then top the muffin with whip cream and a cherry, WA-LA serve it to me.