COTTAGE KITCHEN

In a well-furnished kitchen there are not only crystal goblets and silver platters, but waste cans and compost buckets---some containers used to serve fine meals, others to take out the garbage.
Become the kind of container God can use to present any and every kind of gift to his guests for their blessing.
" You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies." Psalm 23:5

Saturday, April 17, 2010

COTTAGE HAPPENINGS...

It was a long week of babysitting. We had Hunter and Eleanor on Tuesday. The plan was to take them to the new splash park but the wind was to strong and we had to settle for the malls playland. Hunter was busy running around so I didn't get any pics but grandpa did...he has to send them to me and then I can upload them.
Eleanor is finally eating cereal. She is not interested in any other foods but Grandma is plugging away at introducing fruits and next week is veggies.


She finished her bowl of cereal every morning this week. I think we can try to move on now to some other foods.

We took the kids to the Library this week but all Hunter was interested in was the long flight of stairs. His other grandparents own a farm and in the farm house they let him slid down the stairs..not a good thing in the Library where there is no carpet. Well I am off to do some shopping. I will be doing container gardening this year so off to wally world to get some containers. Oh yes.. I am looking for a carpet for the patio the ones I saw were too large because the patio isn't square.. Hunter had an accident pushing his cars around and fell flat on his face. He had a fat lip that bled alot so I guess I should make it a little softer to fall on?? ( his mother said it is looking good now and grandma doesn't have to feel bad)
Happy Weekend!!

6 comments:

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Is your bottom down and your feet up? Sounds like you've had a week of it! -smile-
Love your family photo on the side, just beautiful!

KathyB. said...

Eleanor is so cute, and if I was a Mom who needed someone to care for my babies during the day you would rank on the very top for that! You have always been very good about diet, health, and large doses of fun!Your grandchildren are so blessed, and I think you and Paul are too~ and know it!

KathyB. said...

P.S. Love the picture of David & Jim on the sidebar, i love those two men!Thank-you Alice.

LindaSue said...

Container gardening is so much fun - once you get it all set up - so easy to weed and you can tend the plants with less effort. Your grandbaby is a healthy cutie pie. Nice to visit your blog and see how well things are going in the "Cottage"

Debbie said...

That Ellie is so cute! Growing like a little weed:) Do you have a Gordman's? I noticed that they have indoor-outdoor rugs in different sizes that are really quite nice. They look very natural and will hold up in rain and such. Not bad prices either.
Hugs, Deb

A. Joy said...

That last photo is adorable! So nice when the like to eat! I also really like your new profile photo! So cute of you and we all have those photos of us feeding ourselves which after spending time feeding a toddler, you realize is quite an acheivement so might as well show off the photos of us putting food into our own mouths!