COTTAGE KITCHEN

In a well-furnished kitchen there are not only crystal goblets and silver platters, but waste cans and compost buckets---some containers used to serve fine meals, others to take out the garbage.
Become the kind of container God can use to present any and every kind of gift to his guests for their blessing.
" You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies." Psalm 23:5

Monday, April 19, 2010

GIANTS IN WOBEGON?

I was on my way to Wal-mart to look at containers for my patio. I will be doing container gardening from now on because of the move to a smaller place. I still hope to share the many gardens we will visit in our state, just not my own. Back to this picture....I thought all the Giant Trolls were gone from Wobegon...but here you see a truck delivering their toilet tissue. My hubby and I got such a laugh because it relly looked like toilet tissue on a giant roll.

As I said ...I was on my way to Wal-mart to see about some flower pots and containers for gardening although I saw a few I ended up purchasing these dishes on clearance. The pots will wait for a couple weeks until the weather is a little warmer. This week is my "Spring" dinner for the family. (aka..Easter) My childrens spouses have family here also and it gets a little..tricky..should I say to decide whos house you will go to for Holidays. I decided this year I would have it later and call it a "Spring" dinner. There will be baskets filled with bunnies and eggs, but my grandchilden are too young for much candy or treats.

Well I am off to begin the spring cleaning for the spring dinner...I really think these dishes will look good on my spring table...now to decide on flowers.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Love the dishes. When the rolls come in that size, we'll only need a few yearly! Wonder what kind of price they'd have on those:) I'm still trying to decide if I want to do any more gardening. I'm scaling back due to aging and reduced productivity. Have a good week, Debbie

Thistle Cove Farm said...

SO FUNNY! The round bales of snow covered hay always remind me of frosted wheat cereal.