COTTAGE KITCHEN

In a well-furnished kitchen there are not only crystal goblets and silver platters, but waste cans and compost buckets---some containers used to serve fine meals, others to take out the garbage.
Become the kind of container God can use to present any and every kind of gift to his guests for their blessing.
" You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies." Psalm 23:5

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

COTTAGE BIRTHDAY

My birthday was on June 10 but my hubby wanted a celebration so we had it this past Sunday.
We even decorated a little..see the birthday banner on the window? We invited what little family we have here over for lunch after church.
There were pink and white carnations, paper birthday plates but real ones underneath, hubby was doing the dishes so paper products were used. Lasagna, salad and bread were for dinner.

I helped set the table..boston cream pie and assorted cheesecakes for dessert

There were even presents

The grandkids are not quite old enough yet to help grandma open gifts

now for the guests..my daughter Mary

son-in-law Nate

my son Michael

daughter-in-law Karla with grand-daughter Eleanor

and last but not least grandson Hunter who is always good for a little excitement

somehow he managed to break the door off one of the cabinets lining the hallway wall. Our new place is small and I don't have a pantry so I found some cabinets to use. He loves to look inside and see what he can find , only this time (we were in the living room) he must have started to fall and hung on to the door. It was so funny I could not be mad...Hunter was yelling uh-oh..gamma ..uh-oh..and holding the door in his hand not knowing what to do or how much trouble he would be in.
The party ended well and all the cake was eaten.
Now off to the treadmill to see if I can burn some calories.
I have lost 3 pounds while hubby has lost 15...uggg:(

5 comments:

Debbie said...

By golly, we do have the same birthday! June 10th, every year:)
Mine was the 55th; way too many! It isn't getting older that bothers me, it's getting stiffer!
It looks like you had a good one. You know what happened to my cake!
Debbie

Unknown said...

One more gift on the way. I could never forget my Sis. Your Birthday dinner looked great. Thanks for sharing, It was almost like I was there celebrating with you.

KathyB. said...

Happy Birthday, belatedly Alice. Looks to me like a very nice birthday celebration, with all the desserts you can eat, presents, and family.Paul, you did good!

LindaSue said...

happy belated birthday from Texas! looks like a very nice celebration and a select guest list. Funny story about Hunter and the door.
You and your hubby are losing weight about like me and my DH - he loses about 3-4 times as much!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Happy belated Birthday! It's so hard living far from family; my brother is 3 plus hours away but he only wants me to visit, not vice versa...which is a bone of contention with me, as you can well imagine!...and my parents and sister live 5 hours away. I love living here on the farm but when the day comes to move, I'll be ready to do that as well!