COTTAGE KITCHEN

In a well-furnished kitchen there are not only crystal goblets and silver platters, but waste cans and compost buckets---some containers used to serve fine meals, others to take out the garbage.
Become the kind of container God can use to present any and every kind of gift to his guests for their blessing.
" You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies." Psalm 23:5

Friday, September 24, 2010

APPLE PICKING ( part two)

PART TWO
Welcome to Emma Krumbee's Apple Orchard
We did a little exploring before heading out to the orchard to pick apples. They have a bakery, flower shop and gift shop besides the restaurant and farm
There is a peting area fof kids... goats and humans alike:)

A train to ride

many different kinds of scarecrows to see

pony rides and no Hunter did not want to go even with grandma
camel rides again Hunter said " no ride gamma, no ride"

There are a lot of old tractors around to sit on and pretend you are driving..yes.. Hunter loved that part. His other grandparents own a farm where he gets to ride in real tractors. The gift store and flower shops are in the background.

"That was fun..are we going apple picking now?"

Grandpa makes a funny scarecrow

I make a cute scarecrow

Grandpa..I don't want to ride that camel

Let's go pick apples now...PLEASE! I think I see the orchard over there.

First I want to climb that big haystack
(grandpa helped.)

Now it is time to run down... because this two year old has only one speed

This is fun grandpa

Keep going grandpa we are almost to the bottom

I love slides but grandma said I could go by myself

They have a lot of structures like this all in different shapes this is a Boat or should I say ship?

Now we are off to pick apples and a few raspberries. They have strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and lots of different kinds of apples to pick. There is also a Pumpkin patch but we will go there in October, closer to halloween

This was a great day for us..we all went home and took a nap

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks like a great place to enjoy the day with Hunter. Looks like you and your husband got quite a workout keeping up with the little fella! He is adorable and I thank you for sharing him with us. Did you get apples just for snacking or do you make pies etc. too?

Wobegon Cottage said...

We picked only one large bag full so they will be used for pies and cake and a few pumpkin apple muffins.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Agri-tourism at it's best! Looks like a great time and I thoroughly enjoyed tagging along, Alice. Pumpkin apple muffins sound good, I must be hungry.