COTTAGE KITCHEN

In a well-furnished kitchen there are not only crystal goblets and silver platters, but waste cans and compost buckets---some containers used to serve fine meals, others to take out the garbage.
Become the kind of container God can use to present any and every kind of gift to his guests for their blessing.
" You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies." Psalm 23:5

Friday, January 28, 2011

GRANDMAS DAYCARE

Well we did good for the first week. I went to bed very early last night because Hunter will be spending the night and all day Saturday so I needed the extra rest. When his mommy works late we have him for Supper and even put him to bed for a few hours. She works in retail so she picks him up at around 9:30 p.m. It makes for a long day with Ellie coming at 7:30 a.m. but we are working out the kinks. I am trusting the Lord for the extra energy I will need...and the extra patience. This night I took Hunter swimming so I could sit in the hot tub and relax my aching body. He did good and although he doesn't like the bubbles in the hot tub he let me sit there for a few minutes . First we go swimming in the pool then he sits on the stairs of the hot tub and grammy sits below the hot, relaxing water.

He loves to put movies in and out of the DVD player so I decided to let him use our small DVD player we use in the car. This helps to not have to discipline him so much about taking the movies in and out after 5 minutes of watching them. His favorite is Barney, that gets about 15 minutes. He also loves Little Rascals but I am a little concerned that he doesn't understand it is make-believe and may want to copy some of those stunts they do . Hunter can be fearless about somethings.( this is not a good thing)

Eleanor enjoyed her day playing with Hunter and even a little time entertaining herself. They both like the doodle toys that you draw on. She spent a fair amount of time coloring on the Easel I got at IKEA. (this was a good thing) I have to watch her because sometimes she will put the crayons in her mouth.


Hunter LOVES playdough but Eleanor is a little young yet although she enjoyed watching and squishing some in her hands.

I am currently looking for a folding table and chairs where the kids can play and do crafts. We are using the kitchen floor until I can get one. Maybe the constant up and down on the floor helped to make the body a little more achy then usual...you think? I was sure happy for the hot tub that night.

I really like a clean house but this is something I will try and get use to not having while the little ones are here. I am trying to focus on what good I can do for them and what Godly qualities I can help them develop. The world they will be growing up in is far more selfish and greedy then the one I grew up in. They both have such sweet spirits now and my hope is they don't lose that as they grow and experience the trappings of how this world will treat them. Some of the stuff I hear on the news is scary. The bullys in the school system are greater than ever and not much is being done about it.
We will be learning how to put on the whole armor of God, now if I can figure how to get a 2 year old and one year old to listen and apply this principle we will be all set.

No comments: