COTTAGE KITCHEN

In a well-furnished kitchen there are not only crystal goblets and silver platters, but waste cans and compost buckets---some containers used to serve fine meals, others to take out the garbage.
Become the kind of container God can use to present any and every kind of gift to his guests for their blessing.
" You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies." Psalm 23:5

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

I woke up this morning to find my husband quietly stirring cake batter and trying to make breakfast for my birthday. He didn't want to use a mixer because it would wake me up and you only have to stir 300 times. I pulled out the hand mixer and helped him along. He wasn't able to find any Bisquick so he tried to make waffles by scratch...the picture to the left is the result
I quickly mixed together the ingredients for sour cream biscuits and had him scramble some eggs and fry some hash browns. He was trying so hard to do something special and I didn't want him to be disappointed. It all turned out well as you see in the next
picture. The sour cream biscuits are really good. I think my dad might have some competition.

Hunter wanted to help grandpa frost the cake but he is still to little so he licked the beater and was very happy with that task. He did
a very good job.

3 comments:

KathyB. said...

That is funny that you mention your Dad having competition! Your brother, my husband, in the first month of marriage was bold enough to complain OUT LOUD, that my biscuits were NOT as good as his / your fathers'! He never did that again though. I guess that goes a long way to proving your Dad makes the best biscuits. Happy Birthday Alice!It is sweet to read about you two and Hunter at breakfast.

Carol Murdock said...

Hope you had a wonderful Birthday Alice!

A. Joy said...

Happy Birthday! What a special breakfast.
Tom makes me my huge plate of pancakes every single time I come home from the hospital after having a baby. That is what I ask for every time.