COTTAGE KITCHEN

In a well-furnished kitchen there are not only crystal goblets and silver platters, but waste cans and compost buckets---some containers used to serve fine meals, others to take out the garbage.
Become the kind of container God can use to present any and every kind of gift to his guests for their blessing.
" You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies." Psalm 23:5

Thursday, June 18, 2009

STORMING IN WOBEGON

Well we just had a good storm blow through. Dime size hail thank goodness because if it was any bigger it would have surely broke the windows on the northside. It blew the furniture off the porch, the basketball hoop over, limbs off the trees and even the backside of the arbor came up, oh yes.. and my little gnome blew over as well. ( poor little guy) The sandbox area flooded as well as most of the yard but it absorbs fairly quickly. I am glad we were home. The plants seem to have done well, just a little water logged. Maybe all the bugs went away?? Well I can hope can't I? During all of this Little Hunter was taking a nap but when he got up he fell against the coffee table and got his first fat lip..I forgot to take a pic...it was kinda cute. He has been standing on his own but loses his balance easily.. he really wants to walk but just isn't quite there yet. My sister just called and said my dad was going into sugery ( for his arm-sholder) I some how forgot it was today. We have tornado warnings all night so not sure if I will get much sleep tonight. I did make some brownies and Paul and I were enjoying them with a cup of coffee waiting for the storm..we thought it was going to be more north. We miss a lot of the bad storms so I really am thankful. I have to remember to take pictures..the storms are quite awsome but those of you who live in that part of the country know what I am talking about.
GOOD NIGHT FROM WOBEGON COTTAGE

3 comments:

KathyB. said...

Big sis said it was a real hum-dinger of a storm and I'm glad Toto is ok. Dad came through the surgery just fine and everything got repaired although there was quit a bit of damage. Love your blog, Jim B.

KathyB. said...

How cute, Jim left his little sister a comment!
I am so impressed that the Burnson tendency is to BAKE BROWNIES when the storms rage ! Yup, when the going gets rough, Burnsons bake! Good thing too, because food is the last thing on my mind when trials come, so at least one of us is tending tummies!

Alice said...

Yep when things get tough I contact the BBB (BURNSON BAKING BUSINESS)