COTTAGE KITCHEN

In a well-furnished kitchen there are not only crystal goblets and silver platters, but waste cans and compost buckets---some containers used to serve fine meals, others to take out the garbage.
Become the kind of container God can use to present any and every kind of gift to his guests for their blessing.
" You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies." Psalm 23:5

Friday, June 19, 2009

BAKING AND PRAYING

I do not like how these bluberry muffins turned out I used the wrong recipe I guess. Don't get me wrong they tasted pretty good . I just wasn't happy with the final result. I will keep working on it I have a few more berries.

Here are the brownies we were snacking on while waiting for the storm to BLOW through and I mean BLOW. We had 3 different storms. One would come through then a pause..then another but not as bad as the first and one while I was sleeping..yes I can actually sleep through some of them after 8 years. The lightening is constant and thunder also. There are no pics for obvious reasons..


I had a request for prayer from my sister-in-law so I did a little baking today. I am able to pray with out ceasing so to speak and grandpa helped with Hunter,(he likes carmel corn grandpa not Hunter) I put in some good time with the Lord I hope it helps. It is so hard to see the bigger picture in life when things seem to be going so wrong. I am sorry to say I have many times asked God if he really knew what He was doing. I suppose the closer your are to Him the less these thoughts are in the forefront. I believe I am getting better at it all though the trials don't seem to be stopping anytime soon for me. I am trying to get a better grasp on the bigger picture and let God do his job. Living here in Minnesota has been extremely difficult for me but I am pretty sure this is where God wants me right now because all the doors have closed to be able to go anywhere else. It is teaching me to be content, which has been a bit of a problem for me. I have also realized you have to be close to God in order to really hear and understand your purpose. I don't think he shouts. I have also learned so much while being here about people and myself..I am wired very differently then your average girl:) ( and it is OK) I think when we are the most desperate or maybe the lowest, we hear God best. well.. maybe not for everyone but for some of us. When everthing is stripped away and it is just you and God, He comes in pretty clear then. You just have to remember He has a plan and somewhere in there you fit in..NEVER GIVE UP...even when things don't make sense. Two books that helped me are TRUSTING GOD EVEN WHEN LIFE HURTS by Jerry Bridges and WHEN GOD DOESN'T MAKE SENSE by Dr. James Dobson . Oh yes...The BIBLE is a very good read ...

3 comments:

LindaSue said...

I understand how challenging it is to really hear the Lord in the midst of a hard situation - seems as if the world turns up it's volume with afflictions.
I thought of these verses when I read your post - my husband uses this as a signature on some of his emails - and titles it "Listen for the Whisper" I think we have to listen and then answer the Lord about what we really doing- hope you find comfort in this
1 Kings 19: 11 The LORD said, "Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by."
Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. 12 After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. 13 When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave.
Then a voice said to him, "What are you doing here, Elijah?"

Carol Murdock said...

Be Still and know that I am God is my favorite scripture! When I get still, things get better!

KathyB. said...

Oh Alice, you got some amazing comments on this post and they ( the comments ) encouraged me too! Thank-you for your prayers.

Whatever else is going on in your life, it appears your home must always smell of fresh baked treats and goodies. Hunter will always think of Grandma and Grandpas' love when he smells such treats!

This post was an encouragement to me Alice, sister-in-law and sister-in-the Lord!