COTTAGE KITCHEN

In a well-furnished kitchen there are not only crystal goblets and silver platters, but waste cans and compost buckets---some containers used to serve fine meals, others to take out the garbage.
Become the kind of container God can use to present any and every kind of gift to his guests for their blessing.
" You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies." Psalm 23:5

Friday, August 7, 2009

AROUND THE COTTAGE...

With the move comes lots of changes.
The one we regret most is losing Hunter.
His mommy has decided to put him in daycare.
WE are going to miss his little face everyday and
all the funny things he does.
But mommy feels it is time for some interaction with other children.
I don't agree but she is his mother and has the difficult
task of raising him to the best of her ability.
Grandpa is having a very hard time with this decision
After losing both his parents in the past 3 years
he has been clinging to his family more.
He loved to come home from work and see the little monkey.
He really has helped with his grief process.
and now for new beginnings...
I will enjoy having some time to myself to be able to do those things I enjoy.
When we moved here 9 years ago I was working,
then I was taking care of Pauls parents,
then a short break and I was taking care of Hunter.
So as sad as it will be to lose Hunters daily visits
it will also be nice to have some alone time for me.
( something I have never had)
Grandpa and Grandma have become very attached to this little guy.
I pray for Gods guidance in his life,
for his mother to put his needs first
for his father to take an active role in parenting
and for Gods blessings and protection .
We love you Hunter and we will miss you.
Sometimes it is hard being a grandparent.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to thank you for visiting my blog and your kind comments. Kathy is one of the first bloggers I met and she and her family have remained very special to me for over a year now. What a beautiful grandson and I know you and your husband will miss him dearly. The words to the song I posted today were very comforting to me as I near the one year anniversary of Mama going to be with the Lord. I am thankful that the lyrics and the Bible verse were comforting to you as well. I pray for you and your husband to have peace. I have added myself so I can follow your blog and I'll check in to see what the Lord has in store for you next. God bless.