COTTAGE KITCHEN

In a well-furnished kitchen there are not only crystal goblets and silver platters, but waste cans and compost buckets---some containers used to serve fine meals, others to take out the garbage.
Become the kind of container God can use to present any and every kind of gift to his guests for their blessing.
" You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies." Psalm 23:5

Monday, November 2, 2009

COTTAGE TRICK-OR-TREAT

Trick or treat grandma...Eleanor is a pumpkin
Hey Grandma..what is this?
Hunter isn't sure about babies yet.

Trick or treat Grandma, where's the candy?

We gave the kids animal crackers and juice boxes


We had a last minute get-together with our son, his wife, and our daughter..oh yes and the grandkids. I put together a few snacks. Salmon dip, pizza bites, peanutbutter bars, caramel corn, all made that afternoon when I found out they would all be stopping by. We made caramel apple cider, coffee of course and a variety of spiced herb teas. opps almost forgeot some peanut brittle too!

We had a nice visit as I chased Hunter around trying to keep him out of the kitchen cupboards. climbing on the high chair or stool , and pulling cords out of the light-sockets. That's me chasing him around on the floor. He loves to play peak-a-boo. Happy harvest!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Sounds like a lot of fun and a lot of good food. Hunter is at that age where he is able to do many things with no idea at all what will happen. He'll sure keep you in shape though, and you'll sleep soundly:)
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Oh what precious pictures and the get-together and food sound wonderful. I bet you were tired and slept soundly after all of that! Thank you for sharing part of your celebration with us.

A. Joy said...

What a fun post! I LOVE your kitchen!!! Oh, Auntie Alice, Peanut Brittle!!!! I have to start making it for when Grandpa can't make it anymore. I love that you show photos of your dinners. It makes me feel like I've been able to share dinner at your house. My mom just made the cranberry apple pie last week and we found it to be very tart as well. The kids wanted more sugar in it. I've just finished eating a piece of apple pie (I made yesterday) while I read your blog.

KathyB. said...

Well, this post made me hungry! Isn't it fun to chase the grandchildren around? And then later on you're ready for a good nap or night's sleep!

The cranberry apple pie I made was tart, but I liked it not so sweet. The recipe called for up to a cup more sugar than I added, so I guess I'll add ALL the sugar next time when serving it to children...still, there was no pie left the very night I served it, so it was tasty enough.

I love being able to see what goes on there in your cottage!