COTTAGE KITCHEN

In a well-furnished kitchen there are not only crystal goblets and silver platters, but waste cans and compost buckets---some containers used to serve fine meals, others to take out the garbage.
Become the kind of container God can use to present any and every kind of gift to his guests for their blessing.
" You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies." Psalm 23:5

Monday, November 9, 2009

SISTERS

I am thankful for my sisters. We haven't always gotten along but now that we are older they are some of the best friends I have. Not everyone has a sister and so I feel blessed to have 3. I also am thankful for sisters-in-law but couldn't find pictures of all of them so I decided not to post their pictures at this time. ( Kathy next time I see you we NEED to get a pictureTOGETHER) A sister will accept you even when others won't and listen to you even when you can be very annoying (me) sometimes. I have 2 older sisters and one younger and I love them all. Through thick and thin, good times and bad, life and death. I know we will be together always because we all have faith in Jesus Christ and have become Jesus followers ( accepted him as our personal savior) We have the privilege of knowing we will all be spending eternity together with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

When I turned 50 they gave me a surprise birthday party in Chicago where my sister Judy lives.
My older sister ,Jean ,and baby sister, Joanne, flew out there from Washington State and I came down from Minnesota, I thought I was going to visit my sister for the weekend but SURPRISE !
We had a really good time and did the same for my youngest sister last year when she turned 50 only we all went to Washington State where she lives.

Jean the oldest (55)

Judy in the middle(54)

Alice (me 53)


Joanne the youngest and cutest (51 in 2 weeks)
I thank God for letting me have these sisters even though I didn't appreciate them as much growing up I have learned to value them as an adult. I love you girls!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful to see you all together having such a grand time. I have one older sister and one older brother and I feel blessed too! I imagine there is so much to talk about when you all arrange to meet in the same place. Wishing you a nice day!

A. Joy said...

Good photos! Looks like you're enjoying your time together. Many of the things I've learned and the values I have are because I had strong Christian women to look up to in my family! ( My mom and Aunties! ) You are all still setting wonderful examples of women who love the Lord.