COTTAGE KITCHEN

In a well-furnished kitchen there are not only crystal goblets and silver platters, but waste cans and compost buckets---some containers used to serve fine meals, others to take out the garbage.
Become the kind of container God can use to present any and every kind of gift to his guests for their blessing.
" You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies." Psalm 23:5

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

HOLIDAY BAKING HAS BEGUN

I am very thankful for having God-fearing parents who raised me the best they could and without them I would not be the person I am today. I am not able to spend this Holiday with them but I hope I can next year. They live in Washington State and I live in Minnesota, I will be there in spirit. Happy Thanksgiving mom and dad

Paul (my hubby) and I will be going to my sons house for Thanksgiving Dinner. I was responsible for bringing the pies and a cheeseball which I still have to make. While I was taking a break and enjoying an eggnog latte' I thought I would post a little something. I forgot to include something I am thankful for in my last couple of posts. I am really thankful for all the blogger friends that have allowed me to share in their lives and memories. I started this to stay in touch with some family members and have been blessed with much more.


After baking pies all afternoon I made one of those quick meals I was talking about before. I still had a little pork roast left over and had to use it up or throw it out so i opted for sweet and sour pork: I sauted about a 1/2 cup green pepper and 1/2 cup onions for a couple of minutes in olive oil then added the pork and about 1/2 cup pineapple. I mix together some sweet and sour sauce and to this I added 1 Tablespoon honey, brownsugar and apricot jam (each). Poured it over the meat and vegies and warmed everything through. Meanwhile I cooked some rice and dinner was ready. It tasted really good too!!

I need to work on my presentation but it really was very good, even my hubby commented how good it was . Just want to wish everyone a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

2 comments:

KathyB. said...

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you there in Minnesota..I still hear it in my mind's ear the way my Norwegian-American Grandmother said it, with a slight accent and lilt.

Bet your home smells divine, the food looks so good. Kiss little Eleanor for us !

Anonymous said...

Wishing you and your entire family a very blessed Thanksgiving. It has been a pleasure getting to know you and I always enjoy "visiting" your blog.