COTTAGE KITCHEN

In a well-furnished kitchen there are not only crystal goblets and silver platters, but waste cans and compost buckets---some containers used to serve fine meals, others to take out the garbage.
Become the kind of container God can use to present any and every kind of gift to his guests for their blessing.
" You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies." Psalm 23:5

Thursday, May 27, 2010

ELEANOR MEETS GREAT-GRANDPARENTS

Well I can't sleep so here I am...thought I would share a few pictures of Ellie meeting my parents. All her great-grandparents have passed except for mine so it was really nice she got to go to Washington and meet them, as well as other relatives. My son wishes he could still live there, as do I, but for now we are here in Minnesota. He would like for Ellie to know more of her cousins and have the same kind of life he had but as we all know life brings many changes. Out here he has one sister with one child and his wifes family is several hours away . He grew up with lots of family, aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents and would like the same for his children(ok child for now) We hope they have more but what ever God has planned for them is ok with me. I know for some of us we miss what we had as children but life goes on and we can make new memories for our children and grandchildren. I have 5 brothers and sisters but my son has only two sisters so there are not going to be as many little ones to share his life with. Sometimes it is just hard growing up and accepting change. That is where trusting in GOD really helps me, knowing he has a plan and I don't have to worry about it.
Great-grandpa Burnson, Michael and Eleanor, Great-grandma Burnson

She is pretty happy with women

I think she liked her great-grandma

Now for the menfolk she dosen't know well....

She gives these very same looks to her grandpa who she sees almost every day.

I love you mom and dad hope you hang in there a few more years so Hunter can meet you also.

2 comments:

KathyB. said...

It was so nice to see Michael again and meet little Ellie. I guess it is so easy to take for granted the blessings our children had growing up with so many cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents in their lives. I can see where Michael misses that very much.

It must be a true blessing for you Alice to see Michael has grown into a wonderful man and husband and father, AND son!

KathyB. said...

I also meant to add, how nice it was to get to visit with Karla and see what a sweet wide and Mom she is too~