COTTAGE KITCHEN

In a well-furnished kitchen there are not only crystal goblets and silver platters, but waste cans and compost buckets---some containers used to serve fine meals, others to take out the garbage.
Become the kind of container God can use to present any and every kind of gift to his guests for their blessing.
" You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies." Psalm 23:5

Saturday, May 1, 2010

VISITORS AT WOBEGON COTTAGE

We had our first visitors her in Wobegon. My nephew and his family. He is a Marine and is being moved from Illinois to California. They will be closer to his wifes family who all live there. Once again I forgot to charge my camera and the only picture I got was their dog. I am sorry the pitures are a bit fuzzy but it is hubbys i-phone. He was doing the pics. This group in on the patio, Brad, Michael, Ellie, Karla and Olivia

Michael, a former Marine and Brad a lifetime Marine
(cousins)
Olivia and Carson, their children played very nicely. My only regret is Hunter couldn't be there to meet his relatives. The boys would have got along great, I am sure:)

Carson took a liking to Ellie, his sister is a month younger.

Here are the dads introducing the girls to each other
Michael and Ellie
Brad and Olivia
This is Michael showing his cousin Brad the Marine Corp room.
They have 4 bedrooms in their home one room is for his honors, certificates and pictures of his travels and all the marine corp stuff. That is a flag chest behind the men where he stores his dress blues and uniforms I think.
I realized we didn't have a picture of Jessica, Brads wife, so when we went to my sons house I got one with Olivia, her daughter

And me with Olivia

We had the best visit, I wish it could have been longer. We started at our home for chili and cornbread, chocolate chip cookies and chocolate-peanut butter muffins for a snack. After visiting their for awhile we went over to Michael and Karlas house. We took the tour and visited for awhile longer. We all left tired but had a great time.
Safe travels to Brad and Jessica!







2 comments:

A. Joy said...

SOOOO great to see them all visiting!!! I wonder if you reminded Carson of his Grandma JoJo Smith?! If David had a 4 bedroom house, I'm sure he'd have one set up for all his Marine stuff too - he always has done that in the past. Can't wait to see the Smith gang this week in WA!
Oh, and yes, Hunter and Little J would get along great and J would love playing with him. Can't wait to meet Ellie maybe later this month!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Please tell your menfolk "Thanks for serving!" Service men and women are greatly appreciated around here, prayed for as well.