COTTAGE KITCHEN

In a well-furnished kitchen there are not only crystal goblets and silver platters, but waste cans and compost buckets---some containers used to serve fine meals, others to take out the garbage.
Become the kind of container God can use to present any and every kind of gift to his guests for their blessing.
" You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies." Psalm 23:5

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

THE BEGINNING



It was such a beautiful day out so I took Hunter outside and decided to start rearranging the garden..yes I even rearrange the yard and garden. Well it needs new soil and I want to fence it so that is how it all got started. I was so busy with my granddaughters last summer some produce was wasted. You have to pick and water every day and with little ones that isn't always possible. I don't see them that often so they are the priority. Anyways.. the day was bright and sunny, birds chipping ,bugs arriving early very nice most of the day. Around dinner time (or supper as they call it out here) a storm started to brew. It got me to thinking how life is a lot like my day today. It goes along quite nicely then a trial or two hit, kinda like the storm, came and went. My life here in wobegon has been alot like that. The storms here are nothing I have ever experienced before-same for my life here. I found comfort in knowing the Lord is always with us and he is in control. LET THE STORMS COME...

1 comment:

KathyB. said...

I really enjoy your blog, and yes, the storms of life are always on the horizon aren't they? But so is God, and He controls the storms and allows them to touch us only with His permission and He also promises He will not allow anything into our lives we are unable to endure...