COTTAGE KITCHEN

In a well-furnished kitchen there are not only crystal goblets and silver platters, but waste cans and compost buckets---some containers used to serve fine meals, others to take out the garbage.
Become the kind of container God can use to present any and every kind of gift to his guests for their blessing.
" You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies." Psalm 23:5

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

HOT HOT HOT


It was a hot one here in wobegon. I believe they said about 20 degrees above average. ( 94 ) The rest of the week will be in the 70'S which is a welcome relief. The air conditioning isn't working. I will be getting someone out soon to fix it. It is really almost a necessity for the months of July and August. The humidity makes it unbearable. I miss Washington state with cool evenings no humidity and mosquitoes are limited.(they dont make a meal out of you) I don't usually bake much duing the summer. The oven heats up the house. You have to garden in the early morning and even then there are lots of bugs eating away at you but alas this is where the Lord has me for now and I will be content.
2 Timothy 6:6 But godliness actually is a means of great gain, when accompanied by contentment.

1 comment:

audrey y said...

Where are you with all of that snow. Your blog is very interesting. I too am a grandma but live alone with not much baking although I am planning on teaching one of the girls to bake challa braided bread soon I am a writer who wrote a humor column for 11 years and have written two books. One is a compilation of the columns, the other is fantasy.

Enjoyed your site

Audrey Y.